Discussion: Treatment of Sleep/Wake Disorders
The power of sleep to heal the body cannot be underestimated. Most research indicates that 7–8 hours of sleep are a minimum that people need to stay healthy. Clients who come to the PMHNP’s office frequently complain of sleep problems. It is estimated that 10–20% of patients report some type of sleeping problem.
In this Discussion, you will analyze the diagnostic criteria and evidence-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for sleep/wake disorders.
· Analyze diagnostic criteria for sleep/wake disorders
· Analyze evidence-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for sleep/wake disorders
· Analyze criteria for referring clients to primary care physicians for treatment of sleep/wake disorders
· Compare differential diagnostic features of sleep/wake disorders
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Your Instructor will have assigned you a sleep/wake disorder, which will be the focus of your original post for this Discussion. Insomnia
· Review the Learning Resources.
By Day 3
· Explain the diagnostic criteria for your assigned Insomnia disorder.
· Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for Insomnia disorder.
· Describe at what point you would refer the client to their primary care physician for an additional referral to a neurologist, pulmonologist, or physician specializing in sleep disorders and explain why.
· Support your rationale with references to the Learning Resources or other academic resource.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more