Choose one poem from this lesson to discuss in your journal entry.
Answer each of the questions below about the poem you’ve chosen. Write in complete sentences, and include examples from the poem where necessary.
No citations are required; do not consult outside sources.
1. Who is the speaker? What do you know about him or her?
2. In this poem, what is the speaker responding to? What event, occasion or memory is discussed?
3. Choose two or three words that depict the speaker’s response to the circumstance in the poem and explain what emotion or tone those words convey.
4. Find an example of a concrete detail (a specific physical place or object) and explain why the author used it in this poem.
5. How does the author mix concrete and abstract details? (Concrete details are physical; abstract details are mental or emotional)
6. Discuss briefly why you chose this poem. Do you think it speaks to you or speaks for you? Why or why not?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more