When looking for information about a particular issue, how often do you try to resist biases toward
your own point of view? This assignment asks you to engage in this aspect of critical thinking.
Write a 3–4 page paper in which you:
1. State your position on the topic you selected in the Week 3 assignment, Conflicting Viewpoints
Essay: Part 1.
2. Identify three premises (reasons) from Pros & Cons of Controversial Issues that support your
position, and explain why you selected these specific reasons.
3. Explain your answers to the “believing” questions about the three premises opposing your
position from Pros & Cons of Controversial Issues.
4. Examine at least two types of biases that you likely experienced as you evaluated the premises
for and against your position.
5. Discuss the effects of your own enculturation or group identification that may have influenced your
6. Discuss whether your thinking about the topic has changed after playing the “Believing Game,” even if your position on the issue has stayed the same.
The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
• Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
• Address the main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
• Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.
• Use four sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment:
Examine biases involved with the premise evaluation of a given issue.
PLEASE BE VERY THOROUGH!!!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more