I’m working on a management multi-part question and need support to help me learn.
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
- Explain of the concepts, models for formulating strategies, defining the organizational strategic directions and crafting a deployment strategy. (Lo 2.2)
Students are requested to read the opening case of chapter 10 “Organizing for Innovation” from their book Strategic Management of Technological Innovation (Page Number-197-200) of e-textbook. Based on your understanding of the case and concepts studied until now answer the following question in 300-500 words each.
1.What are the advantages and disadvantages of the creative side of Google being run as a flexible and flat ‘technocracy’? (3 marks)
2. How does Google’s culture attract the kind of employees it can attract and retain. (1.5 marks)
3.What do you believe the challenges are in having very different structure and controls for Google’s creative side versus the other parts of the company. (2.5 marks)
4. Some analysts have argued that Google’s free-form structure and the 20 percent time to work on personal projects is possible only because Google is prior success has created financial risk in the company. Do you agree with this? Would Google be able to continue this management style if it had closer competitors?(3 marks)
NOTE: It is mandatory for the students to mention their references, sources and support each answer with at least 2 peer reviewed journal.