S.C. is a 21-year-old college student. She presents with intermittent wheezing. She has a history of asthma as a child but had been free of symptoms until this year. She has symptoms 1 to 2 days per week but denies nocturnal wheezing. Her symptoms do not interfere with her normal activities. She has never taken systemic corticosteroids and has never been hospitalized for asthma. On physical exam, you observe soft end-expiratory wheezing at the bases bilaterally. Pulmonary function tests today show an FEV1/FVC of 80% with an FEV1 90% of predicted. She has no other medical conditions and and is not taking any nonprescription, prescription or complementary alternative medicines. She has no known environmental or drug allergies.
1. List specific goals for treatment for S.C.
2. What drug therapy would you prescribe? Why?
3. Write prescription for drug therapy prescribed.
4. What are the parameters for monitoring success of the therapy?
5. Discuss specific patient education based on the prescribed therapy.
6. List one or two adverse reactions for the selected agent that would cause you to change therapy.
7. What would be the choice for second-line therapy?
8. What over the counter and/or alternative medications would be appropriate for S.C.?
9. What lifestyle changes would you recommend for S.C.?
10. Describe one or two drug-drug or drug-food interactions for the selected agent.
MUST USE REFERENCE IN TEXT CITATIONS, NURSING JOURNALS ONLY WITHIN 5 YEARS
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more