reate an 8-10 slide PowerPoint presentation with slide notes that define a CSR issue, explain how the problem affects a local or global community as well as your chosen company, and describe possible sustainable solutions that your chosen company can support.
In the last assessment, you brought together the knowledge you gathered earlier from your select company’s functional areas to assemble a team to solve a problem. You made a case for establishing the team.
In this final assessment, you’ll create a PowerPoint presentation to explain how a corporate social responsibility (CSR) problem affects a local or global community as well as your company, and describe possible sustainable solutions that it can support. It’s an opportunity to show your talent and bring together what you’ve learned to present to your CEO. You will apply the knowledge from the chosen company website that you have reviewed and the insights from the scenarios and the assessments you have written earlier to select an appropriate CSR issue for your company to pursue.
The pandemic and the global recession of 2020 pulled CSR into the spotlight. Issues such as hunger, underemployment, homelessness, disease mitigation, and recovery from environmental hazards often require generous financial and volunteer efforts, such that corporations find themselves contributing in various ways.
The new reality for companies to consider is that potential employees are often weighing the philanthropic and social-justice contributions of organizations as part of their application process and long-term commitment to a company. Corporations are responding to this changing environment by selecting specific issues or non-profit agencies to support, as well as including their CSR messaging as part of their overall marketing plan.
Now that you’ve learned about the functional areas of the company through your internship and the company’s focus on teamwork and problem-solving, your manager would like you to lead an effort to select a corporate social responsibility (CSR) issue that the company can adopt and champion over time. You’ve impressed others with your work so far. This is a significant vote of confidence from your manager and an opportunity for visibility from the CEO and even external audiences.
For this assessment, you will:
Using the template, create an 8–10 slide PowerPoint presentation with slide notes that define a corporate social responsibility issue, explain how the problem affects a local or global community, and describe possible sustainable solutions that the company can support.
1. In preparation for this assessment, review your selected company website and look for evidence of a social responsibility issue or problem that they have adopted to support in the local, national, or global community. Think about the following questions as you review the website. The interactive activity Corporate Social Responsibility can take you through these first questions and help you get a start on your assessment.
Note: If you don’t find much evidence of a CSR issue on the website, you can identify one that you feel fits.
2. Select a corporate social responsibility issue to research. Possible topics include:
3. Narrow the topic down to a specific CSR problem that needs to be solved. Explain how it relates to your chosen company and offer possible solutions that the company can support.
4. Next, research the CSR problem. Locate 3–7 reputable resources about the business problem and solutions. The resources you choose will help you to define the focus of your research and writing. Your research should also help you develop possible solutions to the problem. You can find some resources in the “First Steps” resource activity. This activity is linked in the Assessment hub page and counts toward engagement. The interactive activity QuickStart: Business Problems and CSR will also help you to review key aspects of CSR campaigns.
5. Develop a PowerPoint presentation with 8–10 slides with slide notes on the chosen corporate social responsibility topic and business problem. Organize your content so ideas flow logically with smooth transitions. Remember that the Assessment 4 Template [PPTX] is available to help you with this.
Consider the following as rough guideposts for setting aside the time you need to do your work. You’ll want to adjust these as you learn more about your own pace and working style.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more