Learning Goal: I’m working on a nursing discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
The purpose of this assignment is to assess your understanding of theories of personal identity and to develop the following skills. This assignment assumes you have a good mastery of structure, signposting, citation and bibliography.
Skills:o Understanding Memory and Soul theories of personal identity
o Applying theories of personal identity to a novel case study
o Developing writing skills
Resources (found in Modules: Personal Identity, Overview).
Refer to Stich and Donaldson book, Chapter 11.
Do NOT use the internet as a source. Use the Stich and Donaldson textbook only. Use of the internet may result in your having to redo the assignment.
Write 4 paragraphs (approximately 500 words) about the following case:
Suppose that Stella, a 35-year-old woman, robs a bank and kills one of the bank guards. While driving away from the scene of the crime, Stella loses control of her car and crashes into a brick wall. She is not wearing a seat belt, and she sustains a serious head injury which results in a total and permanent loss of memory of everything that has happened for the last 3 years. There is no chance she will ever regain her memory of these 3 years. A year after the robbery, Stella is brought to trial.
Question: What would a memory theorist say about this case? Is the man on trial numerically identical with the man who robbed the bank? Is the man on trial morally responsible for the bank robbery and the murder? What would a soul theorist say?
Include the following:
1. Define and explain ONE of the Memory Theories of Personal Identity (version 1, version 2, or version 3 from Stich and Donaldson Ch. 11). Definitions should be in quotation marks, word-for-word, followed by a citation. Briefly explain this Memory Theory of personal identity.
2. Explain what a Memory Theorist of personal identity would say about this case. What would their position be, and why?
3. Explain what a Soul Theorist of personal identity would say about this case. What would their position be, and why?
4. Explain why the Soul Theorist and Memory Theorist might disagree about this case.
*Include MLA in-text citations (author page number). Include bibliography at the end.
Tips and Requirements:
* Write in formal style with paragraphs that connect with signposting. Each paragraph should have one main focus. See Professional Writing Skills: Structure
* Read your paper out loud to someone or yourself to check for grammar mistakes.
* See \\\\\\\”APA citation HELPSHEET .pdf\\\\\\\” for how to include citations and bibliography.
*Explain sufficiently and clearly, as if you were explaining these ideas to someone who has not read the material.
*Explain short quotes fully. See Professional Writing: Quotations
* Upload the file. Use doc, docx, rtf, or pdf format.
Criteria for Success:Your exercise will be evaluated on structure, whether your answer provides a substantive and accurate explanation of the theory, whether it provides a substantive and well-supported application of the theory to the case study, citation, bibliography, and mechanics.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more