I’m working on a writing question and need guidance to help me learn.
TOPICS- ATTENTION AND MEMORY
I have provided powerpoints notes (memory), regular notes (attention), and textbook. You can use outside sources but try not to use it more than the notes and textbook.
Task is to choose the topic(s) most interesting to you, and write a paper explaining how these topics relate to your personal life. Think of this as a more of a “reaction” paper than a “research” paper.
We have not had any assignments to turn in for this entire semester. This is your chance to prove to me that you a) understood the concepts we learned, and b) are able to apply them to the real world.
When choosing your topics, please make sure they are specific and interesting. For example, if you choose to write about attention (selective vs. divided), please do not write about driving. We have exhausted this subject in class. I want you to go beyond our lectures and come up with interesting and new examples. I also do not want you to write about memory (in the general sense). For example, please do not write about how you use memory when taking an exam. These examples are B-O-R-I-N-G and impersonal. You are able to choose more than one topic to talk about! Furthermore, it would make sense to discuss more than one topic, given that so many of the cognition concepts are interrelated.
You have complete creative freedom, and the instructions for this are intentionally vague. I want you to write about what is interesting to YOU!
But here are a few ground rules:
- Maintain APA format (12 point font; 1 inch margins)
- I DO NOT need a cover page. Let’s save some paper…
- Minimum 2 pages I’m all about quality – not quantity!
- Please use (a minimum) of 3-5 references to explain/elaborate points that you address. (This can be a video, a journal article, a newspaper article, a live lecture…anything you want! Remember, these resources should add to the points you are trying to make when applying the academic material to the real world. These resources are not meant to provide me with statistical information or a massive literature review.)
- Your textbook can be a reference!
- Provide APA References list at the end of your paper
- Hint: You will get a higher score if you provide several, specific examples of real-life applications…as opposed to giving extensive explanations of only one topic.