Lab06 – Literature summary on Homology Modeling (50 pts)
The purpose of this assignment is to summarize and evaluate existing “literature” (or published material) in order to establish current knowledge on the subject of homology modeling of proteins. You can use the paper that I posted or use some other from the literature but do not forget to cite them.
What format should you use for the review?
A literature review of formal academic writing includes:
· It defines or identifies the general topic, provides an appropriate context for describing the available methods found in the literature.
· It summarizes individual studies or articles with as much or as little detail as each merits according to its comparative importance in the literature, remembering that space (length) denotes significance.
· You should not keep the title Body in your report but instead create different titles relative to the content.
· It summarizes major contributions of significant studies and articles to the body of knowledge under review, maintaining the focus established in the introduction.
· Identify at least two sources that could be useful for your summary. They may be news articles, non-review journal articles, websites, software, or any other material from the Internet. Write down the reference citation in a proper APA format.
To guide you, you will find 2 articles about homology modeling, and a very recent research (from 2016) on the modeling of Zika virus proteins.
Your summary should answer the following questions in the body:
1. Define Comparative/Homology Modeling.
2. Enumerate the steps in Comparative/Homology Modeling?
3. What tools/software are needed for each steps.
4. Draw or provide a flow chart of the steps involved in homology protein structure modeling. (you can use an image found online (cite the source) or draw it yourself.)
5. Which are the most commonly used homology-modeling tools/software/websites?
6. What does template structure mean?
7. Can we trust the models obtained blindly?
8. What are the possible applications of Comparative/Homology Modeling?
9. Discuss one example of a homology modeling study.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more