Dart Subtraction Strategy
The goal in this activity is to develop strategies for playing the Dart Subtraction Game. In this game, you throw two darts and find your score by subtracting the value of the second dart from the value of the first dart. It is possible to land on the same value twice.
1. What is the highest possible score? What would have to be the value of the first dart? the second dart?
2. What is the lowest possible score? What would have to be the value of the first dart? the second dart?
3. List all the ways to get a score of 4. There are 11 different possibilities.
4. List all the ways to get a score of 6. −
5. How many ways could you get a score of 0? a score of 14? a score of 14? −
6. If you are trying to get the lowest score, should you try to land on a positive or negative integer with your first dart? with your second dart? Explain your reasoning.
7. Play the game with a partner for ten rounds. Use paper punches as your darts. Hold your hand about 12 inches from the paper and drop the paper punches onto the target. Record your score after each round. Add up the score from each round to get your total score. Did you use any particular strategy? Describe.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more