Learning Goal: I’m working on a nursing discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
1. How can nutrition optimize health, and treat and reverse chronic disease?
2. The film connects the dots between so many unsettling statistics. Which of the many statistics cited in the film startles you the most, and why?
3. What may keep persons who are aware of the film’s message from making changes to their diets?
4. According to the film, what are some of the benefits of a “Whole Foods Diets”?
5. Have you ever noticed a connection between the food you eat and the way you feel?
6. A ton of research and evidence has been gathered to support plant-based diets, but likewise, a ton of research and evidence has been
gathered to support low-carb, high-fat and protein diets (often called “paleo” or LCHF). How do you reconcile these conflicting
**Reply for these persons with 150 word for each one**
Good nutrition can reduce the amount of inflammatory inducing substances. Eating diets low in animal products and instead incorporating whole foods and a plant based diet helps greatly in reducing the inflammation and bad fat buildup in your body that occurs due to diet. For example, in someone at risk for high cholesterol due to their diet, by cutting out the extra unnecessary source of cholesterol that is consumed through animal meat, the risk of developing this disease is reduced and it can even reverse the disease in patients that were already diagnosed with it.
The most unsettling is the concept of osteoporosis being linked to the consumption of milk. Most of America grew up being told that milk makes you strong, and there were so many advertisements all over, even in schools. Finding out that you have to consume a specific type of filtered milk to actually achieve stronger bones seems like the entire country was lied to for decades.
People’s income is definitely a factor for why many people continue with bad diets. The price of a full meal at McDonald’s is less than $10, but the price of vegetables such as cauliflower or broccoli can be up to $1.50 per pound. Healthier food options are far too expensive for many people.
A whole foods diet consists of an unprocessed, plant based diet. It avoids animal based products, processed and refined foods. Ideally, this diet would completely exclude them, but it also can refer to minimizing these products in the diet.
I do feel there is a connection between what I eat and how I feel afterwards. At home, we eat a diet consisting of many assorted vegetables, salads, chicken, and rice. My house food always makes me feel more energized. However, whenever I eat at a fast food place such as Panda Express, I feel very tired and my mood becomes depressed. I end up not wanting to do anything.
The human body is adaptable and can run on several forms of energy. I think it is fine that there is a lot of evidence on both of these topics, it just shows how resilient the human body is. It gives more options for people to find the right diet for them. It is hard to change someone’s diet and cut out meat entirely, so it is good that there is evidence that supports diets such as paleo. More studies should be done on finding the medium between these diets.
The other person**
1. Ginkgo Biloba specifically refers to the pale green fan-shaped leaves from the Ginkgo tree, otherwise known as the maidenhair tree.
2. Ginkgo supplements are used for anti-aging, specifically to help prevent or reverse memory loss associated with aging, as well as increasing blood circulation by “making blood less sticky” or viscous. Ginkgo is also an antioxidant, which helps destroy free radicals, which are unstable atoms that, when present in the body, increase rates of aging and cellular degeneration. Therefore, it can prevent general symptoms of aging from being as severe and acute as one might see in Alzheimer’s disease.
3. Benefits of Ginkgo include increased circulation, which is critical to assure adequate blood flow throughout the body and that enough oxygen is delivered to every part of the body innervated by veins, arteries, and capillaries. Benefits of increased circulation include adequate oxygenation (thus, little to no chance of cyanosis), increased rates of wound healing, as well as heart health and overall health. When the blood is thick, for example, the body, specifically the heart, has to work harder to pump blood throughout the body; if the heart has to increased its force for proper circulation, the (atrial/ventricle) chamber walls might weaken and thin, and the valves (mitral/bicuspid) might deteriorate due to the increased force. Increased circulation also benefits the brain in preventing memory loss, as well as destroying free radicals which catalyze the rate of deterioration.
4. Some of the risks might stem from the benefits; if an individual already has a bleeding disorder or thin blood, they might bleed excessively for small wounds. Ginkgotoxin is a substance found in Ginkgo that, if consumed in excess quantities, can cause seizures. Ginkgotoxin is more prominent in Ginkgo seeds than Ginkgo leaves, but nevertheless, the substance can cause seizures.
5. In the US, herbal supplements fall under “dietary supplements” category, and are less regulated than over-the-counter medications. Herbal supplements are seen as merely that- supplemental to main medicine. The Western medicine belief is contrary to that of other countries, where herbal supplements are seen as just as valid as other doctor-prescribed medications. https://www.mountsinai.org/health-library/herb/ginkgo-biloba
Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.